Wednesday, February 24, 2016

So who is this guy, anyway?

I have been told that I need to give you all some idea of who I am and why I am writing all of this, so here goes...

My name is Reverend Michael Kilgore and I am a shamanic practitioner, reiki master and instructor, master of Mayan Ira'Ku healing and an intuitive reader. Wow that all sounds pretentious.....

So what does all that mean? I'll tell you!

I spent the first part of my adult life working as a shipping and receiving supervisor in a western PA steel mill. I got married really young and had two great kids, got divorced and remarried and had another great kid. During my time at the steel mill, I also worked part time in real estate, law enforcement, high school football coaching and radio and also started a small sporting goods business. I spent two years as a Director on my local school board. Then my wife and I got bored and moved across the state to the town her mother lived in and I got into the car business both in sales and service. My mother-in-law had a friend that was involved in a holistic, new age kind of group and my wife and I went with her to a holistic expo. It was filled with all these new age hippie types selling all these crystals, drums, essential oils and of course readers. I walked around all day and looked at things and politely nodded to some of these weird folks. I got a hot dog from the concession stand (no beer? Can you believe it?) and met back up with everyone close to the close of the show. My mother-in-law's friend asked if I had gotten a reading with anyone and I told her no. She insisted I go to her friend's booth and have a reading with them. Now, I had walked around there all day and looked at all of these "readers" and actually thought about trying one, but there was this one husband and wife team that I knew I wouldn't try. Mainly because every time I walked past them, this guy, who was about 6'1" and about 220 pounds, was hugging the people he was reading! No way, my friend, I am not going there! I'm pretty accepting of people being who they are, but that is asking a bit too much! And of course, that is exactly where I was being dragged.

So as not to look like a complete ass (although I can be very good at that) I went ahead and had the reading. He looked at me with a smile and kind of a weird gaze and immediately picked out my kids and my profession. I was a little taken aback. Then he stopped, put his hand on my shoulder and said very softly, "You are supposed to be doing the same work I am doing...". Front part of my brain is just laughing at this but something clicked when he said it and I knew it was true.

This led to an almost total immersion in holistic learning. I started taking classes at a local center and finding out where I belonged. I bought books and crystals. I attended weekly lectures about various holistic topics. I found Reiki (a Japanese energy healing method) and studied to the level of master/instructor. I began studying Shamanism and found I had a reading talent also. I started going to holistic fairs as a vendor and conducting healing sessions. I got ordained and I got divorced again.I also met a Mayan Shaman and learned the Ira'Ku. I still consider myself a work in progress...

That's where I came from. I am available for healing work and readings. There is a website up if you are interested in services or consultations at www.dreamoftheshaman.com . This blog is kind of like I am doing readings for the internet. I will be posting what Spirit wants me to talk with you all about the best that I am able. They wanted me to write this....

Oh, and if you are wondering, that reader did hug me at the end of the reading. He is also a great mentor and my best friend. Life sure is screwy, sometimes!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment